how many quarters of motor oil

i have a 2004 stratus se with a 2.4L engine. how many quarters of motor oil should i put in at next oil change? thanks.

On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 06:52:12 -0700, ouyang.jie wrote:

Five.
5 "only" if the filter is also changed

On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 21:56:12 -0500, Abby.Normal wrote:

Who in their right mind would change their oil, and NOT change the filter too?
Long ago, in a dark (pun intended) part of American history, it used to be change filter every "other" oil change. I don't practice this but I know people that still do and won't change thier ways. The book also states these same facts. 4 qts. without filter and 5 qts. with. Read into that what you want. There are people out there that believe changing oil is a ploy by the oil companies to get you to buy more oil. When my brother told me that I asked him how much stock in the Brooklyn Bridge he also owned.

snipped-for-privacy@tdt.invalid says...

There are a few out there! I tossed the old filter on some guy's 68 Impala (looked like it was a week old) without even thinking to ask him if he wanted the filter changed. He sees me screwing on the new one, and comes running into the bay, yelling, "I didn't want the filter changed!" I went, "huh?" He's all excited, so I finally just said, "I won't charge you for it!" He then proceeds to pull the manual out, and it says to change the filter every other oil change, and by golly, that's what he wants, regardless of how stupid it is! We tried to explain why it was a bad idea, but he insisted.
I ended up fishing the old filter out of the catch bucket and putting it back on.
That guy is now a judge. Scary.
BDK
On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 10:06:43 -0500, Roland Deschain

If you've got two bucks, I've got change.
--
Ray Sirois
SysOp: The Lost Chord BBS