How to replace the A/C E-Vap Core

I need to replace the e-vap core from the A/C it leaking, I took it over to the shop and they want to charge me $150.00 for the part and $195.00 for the labor-
because they are saying it takes 3 hours. I looked in the Haynes manual and it does not show how to replace the e-vap. So does any body have any kind of directions on replacing it. Moreover, on the scale from 1-10 what is the difficulty level of this project. In addition, does any body know were I can get that part from- with out going to the dealer- does any body have any experiences in replacing the core.
--
pacman

to the shop and they want to charge me $150.00 for the part and $195.00 for the labor- because they are saying it takes 3 hours. I looked in the Haynes manual and it does not show how to replace the e-vap. So does any body have any kind of directions on replacing it. Moreover, on the scale from 1-10 what is the difficulty level of this project. In addition, does any body know were I can get that part from- with out going to the dealer- does any body have any experiences in replacing the core.

How can anybody give you a price or even give you advise on how to remove it when you don't specify the year/make/model??
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Read this first then decide if you want to spend $1500.00 on the equipment to do the job.
http://www.epa.gov/ozone/title6/609/609summ.html
--
Coasty

Remove the SPOOGE to reply
I wasted time reading that and found this in the middle: Refrigerant in New Cars Automobile manufacturers are responding to the CFC phaseout by producing new vehicles with an alternative refrigerant called HFC- 134a. This refrigerant does not deplete the ozone layer because it does not contain chlorine. About half of the 1993 model year cars, almost all of the 1994 model year cars, and all of the 1995 and later model year cars are equipped with HFC-134a air conditioning systems.
So, if he has 134a in his system, what exactly is the problem?

If you do not have the proper equipment, or have any knowledge of Auto AC repairs get trained, get the right equipment, get a shop manual and do the job right other wise leave it to some one who knows how it will be less of a headache.
--
Coasty

Remove the SPOOGE to reply