I have a 2000 Dodge Neon

The check engine light came on. What's the most likely reason why it came on? thanks

On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 09:19:40 -0400, hialeahboy wrote:

Probably something is going wrong in the engine.
Linux Registered User #327951

It could be something simple, like a bad sensor. Have a mechanic read the codes.
hialeahboy wrote:

Something broke.
Get the codes scanned to find out what.
I was about to get the car checked for the trouble code, but the check engine light disappeared now... Does this give anyone any clue of what it could be?
if it set a code its still in there, go get it scanned

"" wrote: > The check engine light came on. What's the most likely reason > why it > came on? thanks
Something can be goin on with the engine. I have a 1998 Neon and I have a way of getting the trouble shooting codes from the on board computer by using your key. It might not work on the newer Neons but its worth a try. Dont worry it wont harm your car. Ok, with the engine NOT running turn the ignition ON, OFF, ON, OFF, ON. ( must be done within 5 seconds) Make sure the car didnt start. The check engine light will begin to blink. It will blink the number of the first digit and then pause and will blink the number of the second digit. Example: say the code is 24 the light will blink 2 times, pause, then blink 4 times. I have the codes in repair manual. Get back to me with the code and Ill look it up for you.