increase in hp on 3.0 v6

One question, some dude told me today that if I wanted more horsepower out of my 3.0 I could install a throttle body off of an older 3.0 engine or get
one off of a 3.3 or 3.8 chrysler engine, how true is this?
That might give you a couple HP, but don't expect any major change from a throttle body swap.
http://www.carforums.net / Auto Forums
That might give you a couple HP, but don't expect any major change from a throttle body swap.
http://www.carforums.net / Auto Forums
"...how true is this?" I'd say zero percent.
What is?
Larry Behold Beware Believe
| "...how true is this?" | I'd say zero percent. |
"Larry Crites" wrote:

:D try logging onto performance tuning the mmc 3.0l sohc v6. every thing you wanted to know about increasing hp on 6g73 ingine belive me there is quite a bit.
According to the original post, he was asking about increasing hp by just replacing the throttle body. Otherwise I'm sure there are various mods which will up the outut.
Save your money HP=big $$ just changing the throttle body does nothing, reflashing the OBC would be the best bet. HP then = poor GPM.
Coasty

so how do I flash the OBC?

There are several manufacturers that make a hand held flash scanner for about $500.00 or you take our vehicle to a speed shop they plug into the data port and adjust the OBC for more HP.
I had this done to my Ram and both my Jeeps. It only affected the MPG by 1-2 miles and rather pay the $500.00 for two separate tools the guy I deal with at the speed shop charged me $175.00 for all three of my vehicles.
I have access to a dyno and did a before and after the dyno boosted the jeeps by 15 hp and the ram by hp. It is the cheapest way to increase HP manufacturers of exhaust systems, so called high air flow filters , new throttle bodies all tough HP increases but non will guarantee it. If you do the exhaust, air system and throttle body it will run you between $800.00 to $1500.00 for little hp gain as proven by a before and after dyno.
Coasty

I was told that on this car there was no way you could mod the chip because it was tuned already so that it has no more fuel available for use.

what car is it ?

various
"" wrote: > According to the original post, he was asking about increasing > hp by > just replacing the throttle body. Otherwise I'm sure there > are various > mods which will up the outut.
the 3lt has a 46 mm throttle body 3.3 3.8 has a52mm throttle body forward motion sells for couple hundred bucks.scrap yard for mayby 40.k&n filter from 5.0 mustang can be made to fit.if you want to see hp increase there are other things you will have to do.every thing is at site listed