Infinity stereo

My friend's tape player in his Infinity stereo ('89 Caravan) recently quit playing tapes. I tried to insert the cassette and it felt like a way-too-tight tight fit and so I didn't dare force it in & possibly not be able to remove it. Are these units prone to something breaking inside (& hence not repairable) or something out of whack which can be disassembled & fixed? Just looking inside the slot I didn't see anything obviously unusual. IMO they're very good stereos, ashame to have the tape section not work if it's something simple.

Reply to
James Goforth

It there a tape already stuck in the deck?

Reply to
James C. Reeves

No, no tape stuck inside. I just thought since there are probably a lot of those stereos out there maybe there'd be people who had the same thing happen.

Reply to
James Goforth