inner tir rod bushing

I have a bad inner tie rod bushing on my 1996 Intrepid

3.3 passenger side. The shops around here want an average of 200.00 to fix this 5.00 bushing. I took a look at this and it does look like a real pain to replace because of the limited space. Any tips from someone who has done one would be much appreciated. Thanks Den
Reply to
den630

Gene Poon

And, oh yes:

When you get in there, you ARE going to replace BOTH of them, aren't you?

Reply to
Gene Poon

Reply to
Jeff

to remove (LOL) the bushing fell out , press the new one it, and replace the assembly. It was a pain just because of where it's located but well worth the effort for a 200. savings. Thanks again Den.

Reply to
den630