Inspection time for 97 dodge caravan

I hope someone can help. I have had my brake & airbag lites on display on the dash for sometime now, even the lights on the heater, rear defroster,a/c switches or flashing. I can't figure out why. Everything
works like it should. I have checked the brake fluid, put on new rear brakes and turned drums.. I dout it will pass inspection.. Thanks for any help. Tom

If the battery recently went dead or disconnected you will have to recalibrate the a/c system. As far as the air bag and ABS lite are concerned you will have to find out what fault codes are stored. A scan tool will have to be used to get these codes.
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech
Thanks Glenn You are right about the dead battery.. How do I recalibrate the A/C system? Can I just diconnect the battery for a short time?? Do you think that Auto Zone would have a scan tool? Thanks again. Tom
With engine at normal operating temperature and running (A/C off): 1) Set BLOWER motor on HIGH 2) Set MODE position to PANEL 3) Open all OUTLETS that air comes out from. 4) Set Temperatures to COLD 5) Press WASH and REAR WIPER button (at the same time) for 5 seconds and release... If the module has completed its test successfully the only LED light that will flash is for the REAR wiper, Push this for a moment and all will be well.
Don't know about the Zone.. never been there
Thanks sooo much Me, I did just like you said, worked out great. lights stopped flashing. :)) It did pass inspection with the lights flashing to my surprise. Now to get the brake and airbag light off. I did drive my van a few miles with the parkin brake on, I wonder if something got hot that would cause that light to stay on. I did not see any sensor of wires around the shoes are anything,when I did the brake job..

Wow, don't we think alike, but the -J is missing from the end. http://www.carkb.com/Uwe/Forum.aspx/dodge/2333/97caravan-accessary-switch-lights-flashing#551381b4ac7d2uwe
(3rd post down) -J
Sorry.. thought I got the whole thing.. I **DID** copy and paste from your post....not sure how to just grab it and repost..
Many apologies !!
Sorry didn't read all of that one either.. I got it from rec.autos.makers.Chrysler... in newsgroup form.. not on the web.. many apologies for "stealing" your knowledge.. I assure you it wasn't intentional. Next time I will preface with from:

I appreciate the acknowledgement J

"Me" just posted how to calibrate the system. And yes I hear Auto zone does have a scan tool but I don't think it has the capabilities to scan ABS and Body control modules. On the air bag code did you get the recall done on the CLock spring? was it replaced? Also keep in mind that if you a/c is not working the calibration will not pass.
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech
Thanks ME and Glenn I will try to calibrate the system in a little while. Glenn when I got the recall notice to change out the clock spring,I had over the mileage that they were recalling, so I did not take it in. Do you think it is too late to have that done now for no charge to me?? I now have around 120,000 on my van. Thanks again guys. Tom

The recall is the life of the vehicle. If you read that recall I believe it says if the mileage is over 70k they will inspect it for trouble codes not replace it because it may have already been done. But to keep the recall and if the lite ever turns on for that the dealer will replace it regardless of the mileage. If it is under 70 they will replace it regardless.
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

If you are referring to the red brake lite it may be because the master cylinder is low. If it is a yellow ABS lite it needs a scan tool to check it out
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech
Red brake light...
Thanks Glenn
Ok I did top the master cylinder off with fluid, the lite did go off. Now I only have the air bag lite on. I guess I will take it in to see if the dealer can fix it with the recall letter I got. I wonder if I would have to find that letter or would they be able to check it out on a computer to see that I had not brought it in yet.. Tom

Nope, just tell them your lite is on it it may be the clock spring recall
Glenn Beasley Chrysler tech