intermittant wiper

Help - I have a 94 Caravan and the intermittant part of the wipers will not work. I replaced the moter but still not working - any suggestions? thanks for your help - greg

Reply to
Greg Hite

Greg, I am wondering why you replaced the wiper motor? Check or replace (for about $10) the Relay switch for the wiper pulse located under the hood in the (black) fuse box panel. The part looks like a 1"square block that plugs in. This is also the same type RELAY that is used for the wiper on/off. They are interchangeable. The problem could also be the switch that turns on/off the intermittent for the wipers--J

Reply to
Wrench007 via CarKB.com

intermittent

He replaced the wiper motor because if the park switch is no good in the motor the intermittent wipers will never work. Thats one of the first things you check as a test with the scan tool is the park switch,

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Thank you for taking the time to answer my post. I called the Dodge dealer and he can't find the Relay switch for the wiper pulse in his parts book. He suggested replacing the switch on the turn signal. Any suggestions - thank you - greg

Reply to
Greg Hite

I went to the dealer no luck - advance auto no luck the library and chilton no luck - called the dealer service and got a quote of $150.00 to $300.00. He said a module under dash nothing in engine compartment

- anybody able to clear this up? a simple problem turns into a nightmare. Thanks for alll your suggestions - greg

Reply to
Greg Hite

All I wanted to know if it was tested or not --J

Reply to
Wrench007 via CarKB.com

Sorry Greg, for some reason I was thinking this was a '98 I would have to agree, multifunction switch, (BCM) module under dash or wiring problem. You could try a scrapyard for the multifunction switch. Just curious if it bugs you that much $$ not to have intermittent wipers?--J

Reply to
Wrench007 via CarKB.com

Reply to
Wrench007 via CarKB.com