knocks on startup

I have a 2001 Dodge Caravan 3.3 litre engine. Lately I have noticed there seems to be a bit of a knocking sound on start up.......usually morning startup. I have about 124,000 kilometres (Canadian) on the engine. Should I put some kind of engine additive in with the next oil change and, if so, any recommendations???Thanks thanks, Dodger

Reply to
dodger

Replace the oil pump. I did just that on my wifes Caravan last year and it stop that noise. On cold days it was worst and lasted long.

Reply to
Ripcord

+++++++++++++++++ Thanks for the advice......is an oil pump an expensive proposition???????????????????????? Dodger
Reply to
dodger

Before you start throwing parts at it not knowing if it is going to fix it or not, why not have the noise diagnosed to find out what the problem is? there is alot of things that could cause a knock. without hearing what the noise is would be hard to say what it is on line

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

i know on the 3.3 liters if you dent the oil pan you will get that knock to the pick up tube is so close to the bottom of the pan it slows the oil flow up and it could cause the motor to blow

Reply to
truckdriver