Life time Powertrain Limited warranty

2006, 2007 and 2008 Sold on or after July 26 2007 will come with a Lifetime limited Powertrain warranty as long as the owner is the original owner. SRT vehicles, diesel, Sprinter all Ram Cab chassis vehicles and Government vehicles not covered. Police, Taxi Limousine,Postal and Ambulance not included.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler tech

Reply to
maxpower

Glenn, Why in the hell is Dodge excluding their Diesel engine vehicles from this new offer?

I know a guy locally with a 2000 Dodge 2500 Diesel that currently has over

380k miles on the clock and is still hauling ass down the highway! He runs it as an oilfield hotshot truck and regularly carries heavy payloads. Nothing but "normal" maintenance required so far.

This "new" Dodge sounds a little Dodge-y.

:-)

-Carl N.

Reply to
Carl Night

Probably the same reason why they excluded the SRT

Reply to
maxpower

Ok one more time.2006,2007 and 2008 vehicles THAT ARE PURCHASED AFTER THE DATE. THAT INCLUDES 06, 07 and 08. Which part of that makes no sense??? All 3 of those years!!

Reply to
damnnickname

One interesting item my service manager stated concerning this life time warranty. She stated that anyone who purchased prior to this date and their vehicle is within the factory warranty period can purchase a life time warranty, either the power train or bumper to bumper. She stated the offer is open only for the next 30 days or so. I do not have pricing information but she said its rather steep for the bumper to bumper but the power train life time is reasonable.

Reply to
miles

the 2006 part - that's what doesn't make sense. THEY ARE ALL USED!!!!!!

2007 and 2008 are NOT ALL USED!!! Offering a lifetime warranty on a USED vehicle is stupid unless it's offered on ALL 2007 and 2008 - no matter when they were purchased. If My 2007 is not covered and the neighbor's 2006 is then I will just have to end my lifetime standing customer relations with MoPar. Anything else? Offer a lifetime warranty on a USED vehicle when my -cost twice as much- NEW vehicle doesn't qualify? I don't see any other definition for that treatment than "F4c5 OFF AND DIE, BEE-OTCH!!!"
Reply to
Abby.Normal

Your assumption is incorrect. Whether that renders your entire rant moot is a question nobody cares to ask.

Reply to
daytripper

Not so. The warranty is only valid for new vehicles. There are a handful of 2006's around still.

Reply to
miles

If your neighbor purchased an 06 vehicle that has been sitting on the lot after the date Chrysler annouced it is not a used vehicle. if it has never been titled it is a new vehicle. USED vehicle are excluded from this offer

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
damnnickname

Cripes, it's only July '07, of course there are still '06 "lot queens" out there to be had.

I bought my '05 Durango new in August '06. It's a fully loaded Limited that had sat on the lot since its build date in December. When August rolled in I stole it for 8 grand under invoice...

/daytripper '05 Hemi Durango Ltd

Reply to
daytripper

It could have been a factory incentive unit that didn't cost the dealer a cent (buy 10 get 1 free). These incentive vehicles often end up as demos or used for promotional events. I don't think the dealer gets to choose the options on an incentive vehicle, they are whatever the factory has on hand.

If the dealer had money tied up in it they probably would have liquidated it once it hit a certain number of days on the lot. Dealerships don't pay for the cars when they get them, they are financed via interest only "floor-plan" (that's what it used to be called). They pay for the car and the interest when it sells.

The factory never pays cash for warranty work a dealer performs. > >

Reply to
Gyzmologist