losing anti-freeze

I live in Southern FL, 1997 Intrepid, 3.3, 105000 miles. After the car gets warm with temp gauge in 8 o'clock position and a/c is on, and I get into heavy stop and go traffic the temp gauge begins to rise to
about the 10-11 o'clock position. When the traffic begins to move again it goes back to normal. I also have to put about a quart of anti-freeze/coolant in the car each week.
Thanks for your help.
Jeff
"JHI" wrote in message: "I live in Southern FL, 1997 Intrepid, 3.3, 105000 miles. After the car gets warm with temp gauge in 8 o'clock position and a/c is on, and I get into heavy stop and go traffic the temp gauge begins to rise to about the 10-11 o'clock position. When the traffic begins to move again it goes back to normal. I also have to put about a quart of anti-freeze/coolant in the car each week."
It sounds like the fan is not working. The temperature returns to normal while driving from the wind blowing over the radiator. Check the fan and make sure it is functioning. The lost of coolant is probably due to boil off.
Sarge
Thanks but the fan works fine. When a/c is on it runs constantly and when a/c is off it cycles on and off. Any other ideas?