Loud engine knocking when idle.

My 99? Ram has developed a loud knocking sound, like something?s rattling around when idle, but sounds fine when driving or parked. What could be the problem? I was told it could be the engine mount or catalytic converter, but I think its something else. Any opinions?

Reply to
mecaro

"mecaro" wrote: > My 99' Ram has developed a loud knocking sound, like > something's rattling around when idle, but sounds fine when > driving or parked. What could be the problem? I was told it > could be the engine mount or catalytic converter, but I think > its something else. Any opinions?

then before you turn it off leave it in drive then turn it off then put it in park when your in drive the engine idles slower then in park so that should solve your problem

Reply to
Sephiroth