Low fuel warning light

I have a 97 Caravan. Recently I noticed that the low fuel warning light keep lighting up intermittenly. The light will come on even when the tank is full. When this happened the fuel gauge will dip a little and went back
to its original position. Is this a serious problem? Is the probelm easy to fix? Thanks for your help.

I imagine the low fuel sender is separate from what drives the gauge, but I bet both depend on a common ground wire..

Larry the fuel tank sending unit is bad causing this. You can purchase the sending unit separate from Chrysler about $130 or buy the complete fuel tank Module with pump and all for about $400 If the mileage is very high on the vehicle and you plan on keeping the car you may want to replace the complete unit.
Glenn Beasley Chrysler tech