lower front side lights

1989 Dynasty LE -- neither of the lower front side clear / white lights will work . How to access bulbs ? Troubleshoot ? Which circuit ? Are these part of parking lights ? night running lights ?

βœ–

http://www.autoforumz.com/Dodge-lower-front-side-lights-ftopict123385.html
http://www.autoforumz.com/eform.php?p `0356
Are we talking about the cornering lamps which only lite up when that side turn signal is on???
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech
Add pictures here
βœ–
"damnnickname1" wrote:
> message > > > 1989 Dynasty LE -- neither of the lower front side clear > / white > > lights will work . How to access bulbs ? Troubleshoot ? > Which > > circuit ? Are these part of parking lights ? night running > lights ? > > > > -- > > Posted using the http://www.autoforumz.com interface, at author's request > > Articles individually checked for conformance to usenet > standards > > Topic URL: > http://www.autoforumz.com/Dodge-lower-front-side-lights-ftopict123385.html > > Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report > abuse: > http://www.autoforumz.com/eform.php?p `0356 > > Are we talking about the cornering lamps which only lite up > when that side > turn signal is on??? > > Glenn Beasley > Chrysler Tech
I am referring to the extreme lower section near the wheel well , not anywhere near the yellow / amber lights (which would be seen both from the front view and simultaneously the side view ).
The amber lights do work in conjunction with the turn signal ; however , these problematic lights , I believe , remain on constantly when the headlights are turned to "on". Since they are not working , I am unsure of their function , perhsaps just night time side running lights .
I am looking to learn about the wiring and how to access everything . Hoping for just replacing bulbs , but suspect much more to do . Can’t see any obvious disassembly steps to even reach the bulbs .
Add pictures here
βœ–
cornering lamps, or curb lights. they don't come on when the headlights are on. they are only supposed to illuminate when you click the turn signal flipper to turn left or right; and then they will turn off again when the turn signal flipper clicks back.
i had them on my dynasty as well. the bulbs can be problematic because of thier relation to the wheel well; prone to broken filaments due to the vibration in that part of the fender i think.
and lay on your back and weedle towards the car untill your head is in front of the tire and look up.. and there shall be the bulb recepticle.. right behind the lens, i would think. ..
go buy some 1157 bulbs, stick them in. start the car and flip the signal flipper left of right, and check the corresponding curb light for illumination. it should come on and stay on, not blink like the signal light.

Add pictures here
βœ–

request
http://www.autoforumz.com/Dodge-lower-front-side-lights-ftopict123385.html
Once again, they are cornering lamps used only when you have the turn signals on, That vehicle is to old fro me to remember how to remove the bulbs but im sure it isnt hard once you look at the back sides of them
Add pictures here
βœ–
"damnnickname1" wrote:
> > &nbsp;&nbsp;> > > 1989 Dynasty LE -- neither of the lower > front side clear > &nbsp;> > / white > &nbsp;&nbsp;> > > lights will work . How to access bulbs ? > Troubleshoot ? > &nbsp;> > Which > &nbsp;&nbsp;> > > circuit ? Are these part of parking lights > ? night running > &nbsp;> > lights ? > &nbsp;&nbsp;> > > > &nbsp;&nbsp;> > > -- > &nbsp;&nbsp;> > > Posted using the http://www.autoforumz.com > interface, at author's > request > &nbsp;&nbsp;> > > Articles individually checked for > conformance to usenet > &nbsp;> > standards > &nbsp;&nbsp;> > > Topic URL: > &nbsp;> > > http://www.autoforumz.com/Dodge-lower-front-side-lights-ftopict123385.html > &nbsp;&nbsp;> > > Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. > req'd). Report > &nbsp;> > abuse: > &nbsp;> > http://www.autoforumz.com/eform.php?p `0356 > &nbsp;> > > &nbsp;> > Are we talking about the cornering lamps which only > lite up > &nbsp;> > when that side > &nbsp;> > turn signal is on??? > &nbsp;> > > &nbsp;> > Glenn Beasley > &nbsp;> > Chrysler Tech > > > > I am referring to the extreme lower section near the wheel > well , not > > anywhere near the yellow / amber lights (which would be seen > both from > > the front view and simultaneously the side view ). > > > > The amber lights do work in conjunction with the turn signal > ; however > > , these problematic lights , I believe , remain on > constantly when the > > headlights are turned to "on". Since they are not working > , I am > > unsure of their function , perhsaps just night time side > running > > lights . > > > > I am looking to learn about the wiring and how to access > everything . > > Hoping for just replacing bulbs , but suspect much more to > do . Can't > > see any obvious disassembly steps to even reach the bulbs . > > Once again, they are cornering lamps used only when you have > the turn > signals on, That vehicle is to old fro me to remember how to > remove the > bulbs but im sure it isnt hard once you look at the back sides > of them
I accessed the passenger side light bulb and it tested to be good with an ohmmeter . There is a plastic shield that needs to be unbolted from underneath the car which protects the socket and wiring and makes it impossible to reach the bulb / socket without prior removal .
Neither socket is getting juiced , no matter what lights and turn signals are triggered .
There must be an electrical circuit associated with a lighting function to trigger these two independent side bulbs .
My turn signals do not turn these on , my parking lights do not turn these on , my headlights do not turn these on .
Does anyone know how to turn these on ? I still believe that they should be on when night time headlights are turned to on . These are not yellow , not amber ,---- they are clear / white light bulbs and clear plastic lens .
Add pictures here
βœ–

Hey re-tread, You were told what they were. They come on with the turn signals. End of story. Do you really think you would have White lights constantly on with the headlights on the side of the car? Obviously you should have someone who knows what to do look at the car, because youi are to stupid to do it yourself.
Add pictures here
βœ–

http://www.autoforumz.com/Dodge-lower-front-side-lights-ftopict123385.html
Yea ok, all those ones I had diagnosed in the past must have been a mistake. But why was it when I replaced the turn signal switch they worked. I guess you know better
Add pictures here
βœ–
stilllearning6 wrote:

I believe they are SUPPOSED to turn on when the turn signals are turned on, AND the headlights are on; i.e., they both have to be on.
Add pictures here
βœ–

Nope, just when the T/S are on
Add pictures here
βœ–
maxpower wrote:

Okay, thanks. Different from the cornering lights on a couple of other cars that I have owned...but they weren't Mopars.
-GP
Add pictures here
βœ–