malfunction light indicator

:?: the malfunction light indicator came on Yesterday. I am planning a trip Friday. Should I be concerned?

naiad just keep going
OLEMEL wrote:

Most errors are emissions related and generally do not cause any harm. Just won't pass emissions tests if you have them in your area. There are exceptions so its always wise to find out the cause. If the light is flashing then it needs to be looked at quickly. Stop by any AutoZone store and they will read the code for you. Post the code here and I'm sure someone can help.
You didn't state what vehicle or engine you have. On most Dodges after 2000 or so you can read the code yourself on the odometer. Turn the key off-on-off-on-off-on quickly (do not start). The odometer display should show the code.
Depending on the miles you have it might be something simple like and indicator that it is time to change a timing belt or do a 60,000 mile service or something. I would at least get an idea of what the code is.