MOST LIKELY ANTI-LOCK(abs) fault causes are?

I Have a 1992 Dodge Grandcaravan exported to the uk, and the ABS ( ANTI-LOCK) light is intermittantly appearing, the european diagostic tool does not
recognise the codes given out, so I neec to know what are the most common causes for this fault. Any info appreciated to get my wheelchair drive van back on the road. sorry about dual posting. first was submitted accidently.

Start with the wheel-speed sensors, they're exposed to the elements and most likely to fail before the controller does...