Need Fuel Injector Cleaner Recommendation

Vehicle: Dodge Caravan 1994, 3.0 liter, 103K miles.

Car is a little sluggish at low speed

Reply to
Stephen Gertsch

Since you have not used gas additives from the begining I would not start now. Let me tell you a little story.

One day my wife decides to use add gas treatment to her 96 Caravan. It may have seem like a good idea but not to soon after I had to change the fuel pump and filter($150 fuel pump). Now I did not know she was doing this and even continued after the pump was replaced. About a month later I found myself replacing the fuel pump again(Autozone warranty). First I thought it was where she was buying her fuel and I asked her what she was doing different and she told me about the fuel additive. I told her to please stop and she did but the van started running sluggish and missing. I ended up removing the fuel injectors and cleaning the crud that had gotten pass the filter.

To make a long story short, I cleaned the fuel injectors 2 more times and replaced the fuel pump and filter yet again before this crud was out of the system. The fuel additive broke up the sediment in the bottom of the tank into very fine particles and played hell with the fuel system.

Reply to
Ripcord