NEED HELP!!! dodge Avenger ES 95

hello so i got a dodge Avenger ES 95 and now i started to have a little problem ...each time that i`m pressing the gas after holding the brake the car is not moving right away...the RPM is going high and then
after a while its accelerating fast...please everyone who knows whats the problem and how to repaire it help me...
why not start with checking the transmission fluid level?
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech
artoSAR wrote:

Check the fluid level and condition first. When was the last time the fluid was changed? Have the computer scanned for any codes.
It could be anything from fairly simple to a major problem. On my 2001 Ram it was a valve inside the transmission that went out. Cost about $175 to have it replaced. Only a shop can tell you exactly what the problem is.