Need help removing panel on Dodge Caravan

I have a 2000 Grand Caravan and I'm trying to remove the inside panel on the lower part of the rear hatch. I've removed all of the trim screws but
something else seems to be holding the panel on the inside. I can see what kind of looks like clips but I can't really get to them and they don't seem to budge with the force I''m using. I'm afraid if I use more it will break the panel. Is there some trick to getting this off? Thanks.