New Crank positioned senor didn't help

Got part, Dealer said Crank positioned senor was behind the power steering pump on the right side of motor, and I would have to pull power steering
pump bracket. It took 2 hours to remove the pump and bracket, and the upper and lower plastic cover over the cam shaft belt. Could not find Crank positioned senor! Called a local garage, and was told the senor was on other side of motor, over the starter! It was there! Put part in, Started fine, Ran OK for 5 miles, then it cut off the Cruise Control by its self and motor started cutting out (Missing). I will try to get a new error code soon. Any Ideas?

upper
code
Your gonna have to get out your DVO meter and start doing checks while you wiggle wires. Since it is an intermittent problem you may have a hard time finding it unless you see a shorted wire in the harness or bad pin in a connector. Is this a 2 or four door Stratus?
Glenn

It's a 4 door, I'm now getting an error code 0300 Could it be the spark plug wires? They look good and the problems comes and goes. It's starting fine now, just starts missing while driving. Thanks for your help Bruce

A P0300 is a multiple cylinder misfire and could be almost anything from fuel problems to plugs and wires, clogged exhaust you name it!!
Glenn

and
Crank
was
in,
Control
while
or
spark
from
I'm going to put new plug wires on and look at the exhaust Cat. Converter before I take it to the local garage. I miss the old days of Chev 283 and 327. I could work on those. I really do thank you for your help and I'll post the fix if I ever find it! Thanks! Bruce

Fixed it for ya.

Crank
in,
Control
while
spark
Lost me?

^^^^^^

power
pull
and
was
part
have a

harness or

from
Our books are written as a multiple meaning more then one. Random is one or the other. The fault code in the diagnostic book say's "P0300 as a multiple cylinder misfire" meaning more then one

Sorry but, a P0300 is not a manufacturer defined code. It is a SAE defined generic OBDII code and is defined as a random misfire.
How do you say Tomato?
-- Message posted using http://www.talkaboutautos.com/group/alt.autos.dodge / More information at http://www.talkaboutautos.com/faq.html
In article

I don't pronounce it Potato
aarcuda69062 wrote:

The DTC Lookup program that came with my Actron scanner shows P0300 as "Random/Multiple Misfire Detected". Glenn's reference shows "Multiple" and your reference shows "Random". Apparently there are variations for this listing.

That's why my last reply asked how do you say Tomato

So, now you're saying that it's "random/multiple?"

lol, Im saying what I was taught it meant when it was written into our books and that was a multiple cylinder misfire, and you can say it means random. That's why I asked you how you say tomato because it makes no difference to me. we both no what the fault means. And how you say tomato...we both no what it is.
Enjoy
Glenn
maxpower wrote:

Except they DON'T mean the same thing. If cyls 1 & 3 fail at the same time many times, it is "multiple" but not "random" and the problem would be something common to 1 & 3. If you had failures of 1 & 3, then 2 & 6, etc you'd have multiple AND random misfires.

Someone at Actron should inform SAE that they're wrong.