New Crank positioned senor didn't help

Got part, Dealer said Crank positioned senor was behind the power steering pump on the right side of motor, and I would have to pull power steering pump bracket. It took 2 hours to remove the pump and bracket, and the upper and lower plastic cover over the cam shaft belt. Could not find Crank positioned senor! Called a local garage, and was told the senor was on other side of motor, over the starter! It was there! Put part in, Started fine, Ran OK for 5 miles, then it cut off the Cruise Control by its self and motor started cutting out (Missing). I will try to get a new error code soon. Any Ideas?

Reply to
Bruce

Your gonna have to get out your DVO meter and start doing checks while you wiggle wires. Since it is an intermittent problem you may have a hard time finding it unless you see a shorted wire in the harness or bad pin in a connector. Is this a 2 or four door Stratus?

Glenn

Reply to
maxpower

"maxpower" wrote in news:Zo6dnetP9raENkbanZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

It's a 4 door, I'm now getting an error code 0300 Could it be the spark plug wires? They look good and the problems comes and goes. It's starting fine now, just starts missing while driving. Thanks for your help Bruce

Reply to
Bruce

A P0300 is a multiple cylinder misfire and could be almost anything from fuel problems to plugs and wires, clogged exhaust you name it!!

Glenn

Reply to
maxpower

"maxpower" wrote in news:MLGdndl036D1TEPanZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

I'm going to put new plug wires on and look at the exhaust Cat. Converter before I take it to the local garage. I miss the old days of Chev 283 and 327. I could work on those. I really do thank you for your help and I'll post the fix if I ever find it! Thanks! Bruce

Reply to
Bruce

Fixed it for ya.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Lost me?

Reply to
maxpower

^^^^^^

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Our books are written as a multiple meaning more then one. Random is one or the other. The fault code in the diagnostic book say's "P0300 as a multiple cylinder misfire" meaning more then one

Reply to
maxpower

Sorry but, a P0300 is not a manufacturer defined code. It is a SAE defined generic OBDII code and is defined as a random misfire.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

How do you say Tomato?

-- Message posted using

information at

damnnickname

I don't pronounce it Potato

Reply to
aarcuda69062

The DTC Lookup program that came with my Actron scanner shows P0300 as "Random/Multiple Misfire Detected". Glenn's reference shows "Multiple" and your reference shows "Random". Apparently there are variations for this listing.

Reply to
Hank

That's why my last reply asked how do you say Tomato

Reply to
maxpower

Someone at Actron should inform SAE that they're wrong.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

So, now you're saying that it's "random/multiple?"

Reply to
aarcuda69062

lol, Im saying what I was taught it meant when it was written into our books and that was a multiple cylinder misfire, and you can say it means random. That's why I asked you how you say tomato because it makes no difference to me. we both no what the fault means. And how you say tomato...we both no what it is.

Enjoy

Glenn

Reply to
maxpower

Except they DON'T mean the same thing. If cyls 1 & 3 fail at the same time many times, it is "multiple" but not "random" and the problem would be something common to 1 & 3. If you had failures of 1 & 3, then 2 & 6, etc you'd have multiple AND random misfires.

Reply to
Tony D.