No manual on liberty lattitude & compass when freedom drive II package is added

What are the options for american made fuel sipping offroaders with 5SP transmission? Pref cars that are normally rwd rather than fwd based compass/liberty.
Note the fuel sipping requirement: 5Sp dodge ram is not an option.
Forrester fallback is an option but I'm sure it's not the only game in down.
P.S. The protection of the engine oil pan on compass seems pretty decent for head on collisions even before you add skid plates for protection from bottom up hits. Kudos to jeep on that.

Forester is still Japanese assembled IIRC.
Ford Ranger offers 5spd - dunno if the 5spd is also available with the 4x4 option.

Thanks Carl, I see a lot of rotting fords and not so many rusty jeeps. In fact haven't seen a rusted jeep ever :-) was not looking hard enough i guess or maybe people do not run into accidents in them just as often. Hence ford is out of the picture. and, besides, I have no need for a pickup.
Where I live now (new) legacy (for the market I live in) is most likely also japanese assembled, but people bought quite a bit of used subarus from the states :-)

OK - maybe I was confused. You did mention US-made. I dunno what might be offered overseas. A US-made model might not be available here with 5spd, but might be offered overseas with that option. Sometimes models are made available in markets other than where they are assembled. Just participated in a discussion concerning small, all/4wd delivery vehicles. Seems the Ford Transit can be had in AWD in Europe but not here in the States.
I don't know if any Legacies from Indiana are shipped out of the US either.
You might look at Suzuki - though they have a less-than-stellar repair rate, they may have a model that suits you if you sre putting non-US makes on the list. Hyundai is a possibility too. Their quality is good now (better than Suzuki, perhaps on par with Nissan and Subaru)