No Start Hot

Help! I have a 95 Dodge full size PU that will not start when it is the engine is hot, it will also just shut down while driving. I have replaced the pick up module, fuel pump, and coil. The engine will fire if I spray starting fluid directly into the intake plenum but stalls immediately. The problem is heat related and the computer does not show any faults related to the starting or stalling issues. Chris

Reply to
Chris

Since we don't know what engine it is I don't know if there's any TSB's out, but the first clue is spraying the starting fluid in the intake. NO FUEL PUMP NO START! so I would guess you didn't need a part that controls spark (pick up plate).

The fuel pump is not a monitored part that will set a fault code, The part that controls the fuel pump is the ASD relay (automatic shutdown relay) and if it were at fault it would have set a code. So without looking at the vehicle I would have to say the fuel pump harness/connector, or pump is bad. If you were a betting man I would bet you $100 the pump is faulty.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower