No start, no crank, no lights, no power?

I have a 1991 Dodge Shadow 2.5L and it just died on me when I got to work. I parked the car, turned it off, left for 5 minutes, came back to move the car, and nothing! There was no power to the lights,
engine, or anything else. I checked the battery and cables, full charge on battery. It should not be the starter or alternator because I just had those checked out and was told everything was good with them. It doesnt look like any wires are disconnected. Please help!
"quietryan321" wrote: > I have a 1991 Dodge Shadow 2.5L and it just died on me when I > got to work. I parked the car, turned it off, left for 5 > minutes, came back to move the car, and nothing! There was no > power to the lights, engine, or anything else. I checked the > battery and cables, full charge on battery. It should not be > the starter or alternator because I just had those checked out > and was told everything was good with them. It doesn't look > like any wires are disconnected. Please help!
I dont have a wiring diagram handy, but from memory the first things I would check is the ground wire from the cylinder head to the neg battery cable, and the quick disconect on the lead wire from the pos battery terminal. I dont know if there is a fuseable link after that beore it hits the power connecto at the firewall.
Try using a probing/piecing power tester to see where you stop getting power.
"puckstopper" wrote: > I don't have a wiring diagram handy, but from memory the first > things I would check is the ground wire from the cylinder head > to the neg battery cable, and the quick disconect on the lead > wire from the pos battery terminal. I don't know if there is a > fuseable link after that beore it hits the power connecto at > the firewall. > > Try using a probing/piecing power tester to see where you stop > getting power.
Amazingly, the problem was just corrosion on the battery terminal. A little scraping and everything worked great. Thanks anyway.