Oil Light

Assuming the oil has been properly maintained and the engine is in good mechanical condition have the oil pressure sending unit replaced. they may also do an oil pressure test at the same time. If the connector is saturated with oil make sure to take the connector apart and clean it out really good.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

I have a 97 Caravan SE 3.3 engine.

Lately the oil idiot light with the dinging bells has been coming on sporadically. This only happens when the vehicle is warm and I am stopped. Does not happen every day approximately a 10-16 days between episodes. Checked the oil and it's full.

Any ideas?

Reply to
Tonyjc

Sending unit would be the first thing to check. If available you might check with a mechanical pressure gauge. Couldn't find the post SOmeone mentioned fixing the flickering oil light problem by replacing a bad gasket on the oil pump Check the easy things first

Reply to
sqdancerLynn

Ok, I replaced the sending unit, oil pressure was fine, but lamp still comes on at 600 rpm??

Reply to
Tonyjc