Oil on Spark plugs

My girlfriend has a 2000 Dodge neon. Recently there has been smoke coming from under the hood. Upon investigation I had found that it was oil getting on the spark plugs. Does anyone have any idea if this is a
problem that can be fixed? I will be grateful if anyone has a suggestion. She just paid the car off recently and doesn't want to take any chances of messing it up permanently.
Oily coating caused by poor oil control. Oil is leaking past worn valve guides, piston rings, or on some race engines a possible intake gasket leak and then entering the combustion chamber. Check for worn valve guides (NEVER knurl valve guides), intake gasket sealing alignment, as well as worn cylinder walls and piston rings. A leak down test is a good place to start for what is causing this.

Is the oil on the outside of the plugs as you take them out, dripping wet?
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech
I guess it is the valve coveer gaskets assuming he gets smoke from the under the hood.
Where is the oil? out of the engine, or in the engine. check the oil residue around the valve cover possibly dripping onto the muffler.
Be sure to get an engine degreaser and wash the motor down, then let it run for a while and you should be able to pinpoint where the oil is coming from. Gaskets aren't that much anyways and it's pretty simple to do on a Neon.