Opps... 1988 Dodge Diplomat... was "need help with 1984 Diplomat climate control vacuum lines..."

I'm trying to repair my mom's low mileage '88 Diplomat for her. A climate control vacuum line 'connector' literally crumbled to pieces on one side. The side of the connector that is left has all black tubes except to one red one. Red is the only color that follows thru the connector. I need to know how to connect the other colors. Green, light green, yellow, brown, and purple.

Thanks in advance

Reply to
Bystander

Light green goes to #7 outside air recirc acuator yellow goes to the defrost acuator #6 brown goes to floor acuator #5 #4 is an empty slot Black is engine vaccum #3 Red is bi level ( on the same acuator as brown but other side) #2 Gray ( dont see a purple) is to the water valve #1

Good luck Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Thats from a 1986 Automatic temp control Chrysler Manual I have in the Garage. I do not no if that is the same as rear rear drive vehicle, Maybe it will help maybe not

Reply to
maxpower

WOW... Thanks a million Glenn. I have all the colored 'tubes' there coming from the places that you describe. I think I can figure out how to count the holes on the plug from what you said though.

Saturday I was at my parents and I looked at the connector on my dad's '84 Ram truck. (yeah... that's where I got the "84" from... lol). It did not have as many lines as it had a different type of climate control. BUT! When I touched the connector... IT CRUMBLED TO SMALL PIECES ALSO! Wow. I hope they make them out of better stuff these days. Now I have to figure out the one on his truck. LOL.

I have found that 3/16" inside diameter vacuum line works well to reconnect each line one at a time to the remaining half of the connector. Hopefully I can figure it out with your help.

Again... THANKS!

"Someone trying to be a good son"

Reply to
Bystander

its an 88 so im assuming TBI?

and its 318? I may have some diagrams

Reply to
rob

Nope, thats a rear rear drive vehicle with a carb

Reply to
maxpower

yeah I was thinking that too......but wasn't sure how much hose routing was close........most likely not much

Reply to
rob