P0702 - speed sensor problem

98 Dodge ram 1500 V6 - auto 2wheel

I had the check engine light come on this week. I went to auto zone to have them tell me what the code is and what the cost of the part would be. Found out it's a $20 part but I am unable to locate where this is. He suggested the last time it was worked on someone could have knocked loose the conection or loosened it up. Said it should check there first.

I bought a Chilton manual to see if i could see a diagram of where the sensor would be but that was no help to me. From what i've ready is the back ABS/sensor on the differential which I replaced about 2 years ago whan i had the lovely no spedo, brake light/abs light on the dash. That was a quick easy reapair. And i've also changed out the O2 sensors.

This speed sensor has me stumped. Can someone please help me out in explaining where i need to look for this, or how to go about getting to the location on the truck.

Thank you for any help. Finch9

Reply to
finch9

The speed sensor and wheel sensor are the same thing, it is mounted on the rear axle housing as you once replaced.

Reply to
maxpower

Also maybe the output shaft sensor on the left rear of the trans.

Reply to
noname

Thank you all for your help, it was the output speed sensor on the rear of the tran, I went into Oreilly auto parts here localy and they told me only the dealer offers that parts. So I said ok and drove accross the street to Autozone and bought the part for around $20.

Next morning took about 3 minutes to change out and everything works perfect now.

Reply to
finch9