PCM problem

My 97 neon out of the blue won't start the other day. After checking the code through the key switch test it came up #12 "direct battery input to
PCM was disconnected within the last 50 key-on cycles". where do I start to tackle this problem?
My 97 neon out of the blue won't start the other day. After checking the code through the key switch test it came up #12 "direct battery input to PCM was disconnected within the last 50 key-on cycles". where do I start to tackle this problem?
Clean the battery terminals and make sure you have a good battery.
Sarge
battery terminals cleaned and secure and battery fully charged.

There is a reflash for the controller on 96 Neons for this problem, This is a 97 right?
neonpaul wrote:

A "12" may not be a problem at all. It is intended to tell a technician that somebody disconnected the battery within those 50 key-on cycles and thus ERASED any faults that were stored...they're gone.
In itself, a "12" is not a fault, and for some odd reason, some vehicles (most older than your 97) keep showing a "12" longer than the 50 key-on cycles.
-GP
its the counter that matters, if you go to check the faults and it says 1 start since erased, that means eveything in the PCM is being cleared on key on!! which means that all OBD2 monitors and fault codes are cleared. and it will show a pending state for the monitors. This could cause a failed IM test in certain areas. If the is a fault 12 and it shows the counts, There is is functioning correctly. and the counter is not 50, but 255 starts
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech