performance tuning 94 Spirit 3.0

I have read an article about taking off the stock air filter system and replacing it with a K&N filter. Here is the article http://home.tampabay.rr.com/redroby/3liter/ at the end of the section titled
installing a K&N Filter it instructs you to replace the computer without the cover on for extra air flow. Will this be ok or should it still have an external fan on it??
On Tue, 25 Apr 2006 09:36:53 -0400, Adam wrote:

Well, if you believe the rest of the article, and believe that a K&N filter is going to make a difference on that car, why wouldn't you believe the part about the computer?
In the end, you're still driving a 12-year-old POS.
Linux Registered User #327951
yeah I guess either way, if it burns it up, hell theres a hundred in the junk yard, but I've heard this thing about K&N filters having oil in them