PING: 2000 Caravan 3.0L V6 problem/question.

Hello, I have started to notice, what sounds like a problem coming from my engine when it is at higher RPM's. It sounds similar to the noise you hear from an
engine that has mechanical valve lifters that are out of adjustment (loose). Under the hood, the noise seems to be coming from the top of the engine. The vehicle has 50,000 miles on it, and I have changed the oil every 3,000 miles since new (10W-30). Anyone that has knowledge about this I would greatly appreciate your input.

an
(loose).
Without hearing the noise it would be hard to say, but yes it could be lifter noise
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Hello Glenn, Thanks for the reply. I guess I should have also asked the question of whether this particular engine is known for, or notourious for, any kind of problem in the cam/lifter/valve area?

from
engine.
of
I have seen lifters fail and cause noise but it isnt a problem with that engine, the most common problem for lifter noise on that engine is when it gets low on oil. They will make noise untill the correct oil level is achieved.