pinging maxpower

94 Concorde 3.5L ABS and traction control. getting ready to do front brakes. parts supplier says best to open bleeders and let fluid out when compressing the pistons back into the calipers to prevent damage to ABS system. My manual say DRBII needed to properly bleed brakes and instructions for replacing front pads mentions nothing about bleeding or bleeders being opened to prevent ABS damage

also if I decide to rebuild or replace the front calipers (already got new rotors) I need to go thru this anyway?.

I've done millions of brakes but never had a ABS system. Any suggestions?

Reply to
robs440

so pushing the pistons in (gently ofcourse) wont hurt anything?

suggestions?

Reply to
robs440

No, I just did a complet brake job on my 00' Concorde LXI 3.5 no worries mate.

Reply to
JabberJaw36

No it wont. loosen or remove the cap first and do not overfill the master cylinder when done

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

just like every other brake job in the last 20 years.....excellent!

still debating on the calipers.......rebuilts are $40.00, rebuild kit is $8.00. so save the labor or save the money I guess, at 90,000 miles I guess either way is good.

Reply to
robs440

cracking open the bleeder is a good idea as it will allow old crappy fluid out while pushing the piston in. better than forcing this old fluid back into the master brake cylinder.... just remember to top it back up after you are done.

Reply to
fireater

yeah unfortunately its 40.00 each....nothing is cheap anymore.

Reply to
robs440

$68 bucks for a Supra Reman'd!

Reply to
Hachiroku

well for Japanese cars that's expected!

Reply to
robs440

I have to admit, proces for parts for my Chryslers are downright cheap by comparison! $300 for a gas tank??? (for the Supra) the list price (and the asking price from 2 dealers) was $485!!!!!

Reply to
Hachiroku

I was joking ofcourse but it was that way at one point....import parts were much higher than American.

Reply to
robs440

LOL! I ain't joking! I have three Toyotas, and there is a decided premium on the price of parts. I was working at a dealer last year. The little motor that moves the seat back and forth...there are three of them in a Toyota seat, IIRC (at LEAST 2) and the little beast cost $479 DEALER COST!!!! Similar to what moves the window up and down!

I was pleasantly surprised when I was buying parts for the Voyager; something Toyota would have charged $135 for was $48, etc.

And although I have driven Toyotas all my life and love them, I have had three Voyagers (a '92 in '94, and two '92s in the last 4 years). I lie them; relatively easy to fix and very well running vehicles!

Reply to
Hachiroku

I was surprised when I had to change the distributor in the 360 my 84 1 ton truck.........all the parts places were very high 90.00-100.00 for a rebuilt....... Chrysler was actually cheaper than all of them at 68.00.

but then I went to work on my buddies moms Honda......distrib for it was over 200.00. always seemed to be that way back in the 80s and mid 90s.

Reply to
robs440