pinging maxpower

94 Concorde 3.5L ABS and traction control. getting ready to do front brakes. parts supplier says best to open bleeders and let fluid out when compressing the pistons
back into the calipers to prevent damage to ABS system. My manual say DRBII needed to properly bleed brakes and instructions for replacing front pads mentions nothing about bleeding or bleeders being opened to prevent ABS damage
also if I decide to rebuild or replace the front calipers (already got new rotors) I need to go thru this anyway?.
I've done millions of brakes but never had a ABS system. Any suggestions?
"robs440" < snipped-for-privacy@buthere.nuthing> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@bresnan.com...
so pushing the pistons in (gently ofcourse) wont hurt anything?

No, I just did a complet brake job on my 00' Concorde LXI 3.5 no worries mate.

No it wont. loosen or remove the cap first and do not overfill the master cylinder when done
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech
just like every other brake job in the last 20 years.....excellent!
still debating on the calipers.......rebuilts are $40.00, rebuild kit is $8.00. so save the labor or save the money I guess, at 90,000 miles I guess either way is good.

"robs440" < snipped-for-privacy@buthere.nuthing> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@bresnan.com...
yeah unfortunately its 40.00 each....nothing is cheap anymore.

On Sat, 25 Mar 2006 10:54:27 -0700, robs440 wrote:

$68 bucks for a Supra Reman'd!

--
In the grand scheme fo things...
What difference does it make?

On Sat, 25 Mar 2006 16:43:04 -0700, robs440 wrote:

I have to admit, proces for parts for my Chryslers are downright cheap by comparison! $300 for a gas tank??? (for the Supra) the list price (and the asking price from 2 dealers) was $485!!!!!

--
In the grand scheme fo things...
What difference does it make?
I was joking ofcourse but it was that way at one point....import parts were much higher than American.

I was surprised when I had to change the distributor in the 360 my 84 1 ton truck.........all the parts places were very high 90.00-100.00 for a rebuilt....... Chrysler was actually cheaper than all of them at 68.00.
but then I went to work on my buddies moms Honda......distrib for it was over 200.00. always seemed to be that way back in the 80s and mid 90s.

robs440 wrote:

fluid out while pushing the piston in. better than forcing this old fluid back into the master brake cylinder.... just remember to top it back up after you are done.