Please Help!!!! 1992 Dodge Caravan....

I accidently locked my keys in the car tonight...I dont have a slim jim, extra key(cuz the xtra one I had broke last week), I tried to use a hanger but kinda hard when no windows are open...I usually leave the drivers side a crack cuz of the horrible heat in southern Az but I forgot that tonight. Is there anything I can do or try?? I need some serious help pleaseeeeeeee!!!

Reply to
Rhonda

pleaseeeeeeee!!!

Your local dealer can cut you a key from the serial number of the vehicle, They may want you to have a picture ID

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

if you lift up the door handle there should be a couple small slots where the handle penetrates the door skin and attaches to the opening mechanism. Through these little slots you may be able to reach the little rod that goes across the door and connects to the locks. This is the rod that is lifted up by the old slim-jim method. It is much simpler to find this rod and pull it up than the slim-jim method and it can be done with a coat hanger. Otherwise it is a lock smith or dealer for you.

good luck anyway.

Reply to
Abby Normal

If it has NON power rear swing out windows. Use a coat hanger to reach between the seal and glass and trip the latch open. Now use a LONG stick / whatever to reach in and open the rear slider. If it has POWER rear windows you can use a THIN piece of stiff metal to go between the glass and seal and pop the arm that rotates out of the motor. It comes out easily when pushed toward the front of the van. It will also push back in easily when in the correct spot. If it has power door locks you can use a coat hanger or the antenna off the van to reach through between the door and the weather stripping about 6" up from the side mirror. Then trip the lock.

Used to be a common thing when I was working for Gtech. We ran Caravans as company vehicles. Had some folks who could have had 5 spare keys and they would still get locked out......

Reply to
Steve W.

Take your title and some ID to your local Dodge dealer and have a key made. Costs about $7.00 and some will even comp it if your a regular customer. $7.00 is still cheaper than a locksmith.

Reply to
GUNNER

ok...I happen to find someone with a slim jim...Ive used one a lonnnnnnngggg time ago and it was on a chevy sprint..slip it in 5 inches in front of the lock and pop it up...now I tried that with my dodge caravan and no luck...anyone know how to use the slim jim on the 92 dodge caravan?? If this doesnt work, I'll try the coat hanger in the slots of the door handle...if that doesnt work Im walking a few miles to the Dodge dealership and hope and pray they can make the key. You guys have been so cool...I appreciate any help you have given and can give. Rhonda

Reply to
Rhonda

WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO! got it!! thanks guys :D

Reply to
Rhonda