PLZ Help on 1995 Neon SPort

Well i just got a 1995 Neon Sport. The car is great except one thing. When u start the car up and put in drive or reverse.. you have to give the car
alot of gas( not sure how many rps i must reach) to get it to start off. Once it gets going it is fine. Was woundering what could be causing this problem. I know it prob transmission but not sure. I am a girl and dont know much about cars. Also it is automatic. Plz give me ideas how to fix this or how much iam lookin at
On Thu, 02 Jun 2005 00:23:04 -0400, booster wrote:

Check the transmission fluid level, and add some if needed.
Linux Registered User #327951