Power Window Problem

Hi, I have a 2002 PT Cruiser, the rear power windows stopped working. I have checked the fuses and the 20 amp circuit breaker and can't locate a problem with them, the front windows work fine. I have checked the lockout
switch in both positions. Can anybody out there able to help me with this problem?
Thanks! gdrew
are they stuck in the track rubber at the top? My Intrepid windows get stuck all the time. If I help them with my hand they will break loose and work. I have to do this all the time after they stay in the up position for any length of time. I think it has something to do with the after-market tinting but can't say for sure.

My left rear Durango sticks in the up position also after being closed for a long time. It has the factory privacy glass though, so I don't think it's your tint. If I tap down on the switch a few times it will break loose.

First check and see if you have power to the switch using a VOM meter, if you have power coming in to the switch and nothing coming out when you operate the switch it probably is bad. If you have power coming out of the switch check the power at the window motor, if power to window motor check all grounds, if grounds are good you probably have a bad motor. Coasty

I do have a meter and will check for power at the switch once my wife brings the car back from town. I just assumed it was a power problem rather than a motor problem because both rear windows stopped working at the same time. Abby Normal suggested they might be stuck in the track rubber, but two windows at the same time seems unlikely. Thanks for your suggestions!!! I will try to resolve the issue and reply back if I should get lucky!
Thanks! gdrew
"Coasty" <uscg_ret at comcast dot net> wrote in message

mine stick all the time that way and hell, it doesn't cost anything to try it.

You bet I'm going to try...the price is exactly how much I want to spend (zero). I was just suggesting that it would be strange for both windows to get stuck at the same time, considering the kids buzz them up and down a lot while traveling. If I figure out what's wrong I will post the solution. Thanks!

The kids may have held the switches on after the windows finished going up or down. They may have allowed the magic smoke to escape from the motors.
That magic smoke is really a major part of the chemical process that silicon goes through just before it turns into carbon.

Got off cheap this time, a wire was unplugged on the rear switches, problem solved! Thanks for all the help!!! gdrew