Problem with belt

Page 2 of 2

way
say
Rev.A
Brian Chrysler has been Making the Caravan since 84, what year are we talking about and are you asking if there is a TSB for a shield?
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech
99
Brian

comes
time.

do
anyother
would
seems
Ok Brian, I assume you are asking if there is a TSB out for the belt coming off in deep snow? well since you don't specify the engine all I can say is there was a TSB out for installing a bracket that the idler pulley attaches to prevent the belt from coming off.
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech
I had the same problem with my 99 Grand Caravan SE. Everytime I hit a puddle, the belt came off. After towing 4 times and getting a COMBINATION of both a NEW belt and a NEW tensioner did the problem go away. Brian

you
WHY would you have your car towed for the belt coming off, it isnt that hard to drive without power steering, and gosh the battery would last at least an hour during the day. I drove mine all after noon with no belt at all, thank god for the water pump being driven by the timing belt.

Unfortunately my water pump is not driven by the timing belt. Brian

with
way