Problem with Dodge Caravan 95

Hi

I've got a dodge caravan 95 s.e 3.6 and about a month ago, I was driving home, came off at the exit ramp and the car stopped, just shuuded and stopped...The car would start and then every time you moved it into gear, it would stop... we managed to get it home (just)... and I would love to get this car working again its been a good runner.

After looking at it, Ive found that the car will start and as soon as you put it any gear, it just has a massive shudder and then stops.

Any ideas on what to look for, Ive done the engine test thing with the display and it says that there is no problems.

Thanks

Reply to
-=The Gaylord=-

It sounds as if the torque converter is bad. Does it feel like a manual transmission when you put it in gear like you are letting the clutch out to fast? And what engine is in this vehicle?

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Hi Glenn,

To be honest I never drove before I moved to the states last year from the UK, and never drove a car over there.... The engine in the car is a 3.3 SE, someone mentioned to me it might be the Torque converter, is that a easy repair or is it going to cost a ton of money to get it fixed, I have a friend who is really good at fixing cars but this one has baffled him.

Thanks for the help

Jay

Reply to
-=The Gaylord=-

If it is a torque converter, the trans has to come out to replace it.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower
,

Someone else mentioned that as well, but my van was working fine and this just happened, is getting the torque thing worth while, or am i looking at $thousands$ do you think?

Reply to
-=The Gaylord=-

its not only worth while its necessary

Reply to