Programming 2nd. Key for 2007 Dakota

I need a 2nd. key for my 2007 Dakota SLT and found one pretty cheap. This truck has the OEM anti-theft/alarm system installed and the door "cannot" be unlocked by a Wal-Mart, $1.59 key without setting off the alarm. The truck cannot be started and driven with the Wal-Mart key either. I though I read here once or twice that one can program the 2nd. key if they already have one that works without the use of a dealer's help and $40 to do so. Is it possible for me to program the 2nd. module myself so it doesn't set off the alarm and allow me to drive the vehicle? Glenn?

Reply to
Abby.Normal

Sorry not correct, If the vehicle is a domestic vehicle with a US country code designator you can program a key ONLY if you have 2 keys already programmed. Make sure the part number on the Cheapo key you bought has the same part number as the original key you have

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

well, I guess that answers that one. I haven't bought the cheapo key yet and was investigating beforehand. The cheapo key is here:

$38.40 new

Reply to
Abby.Normal