Programming 2nd. Key for 2007 Dakota

I need a 2nd. key for my 2007 Dakota SLT and found one pretty cheap. This truck has the OEM anti-theft/alarm system installed and the door "cannot" be
unlocked by a Wal-Mart, $1.59 key without setting off the alarm. The truck cannot be started and driven with the Wal-Mart key either. I though I read here once or twice that one can program the 2nd. key if they already have one that works without the use of a dealer's help and $40 to do so. Is it possible for me to program the 2nd. module myself so it doesn't set off the alarm and allow me to drive the vehicle? Glenn?

code designator you can program a key ONLY if you have 2 keys already programmed. Make sure the part number on the Cheapo key you bought has the same part number as the original key you have
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech
well, I guess that answers that one. I haven't bought the cheapo key yet and was investigating beforehand. The cheapo key is here: https://www.dodgeparts.com/product_info.php/products_id/2395?osCsid 29084da538a0ad78f816faaf39e36d
$38.40 new