Q: 1994 Caravan INFINITY SOUND SYSTEM

How can I tell if my Caravan has the INFINITY SOUND SYSTEM or not?
It's the original AM/FM/cassette deck, w/ seek/scan, 6 speakers, &tc. There's no indication on the faceplate or elsewhere.
Thanks a heap, -jbb
On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 15:01:09 +0000, J.B. Bobbitt wrote:

If you have the Infinity SS, it will SAY "Infinity" somewhere. Usually on the Head unit, although not all did.
On the van, the door speakers should say Infinity. If they don't, or you don't HAVE door speakers, then you don't have the ISS installed.
On this vehicle, I have NO idea where the amp is!!
My '94 Caravan ES has the Infinity Sound System, with "Infinity" on the head unit, the door speakers, and I think the rears.

Right, the head unit should have the logo on it, as well as the door speakers. The dash and rear speakers do not have the logo. There is no seperate amp, the door and rear speakers have the electronics mounted on the speaker basket. They act more as equalization electronics with some added amplification. Most of the power is supplied by the head unit. Each infinity system is acousticlly tuned to it's specific vehicle. 6X9 speakers from an LHS, RAM or Caravan would have a slight different tonal range if installed in a different vehicle.