Question on AWD Effectiveness

I have an 06 Charger RT and have just moved to Milwaukee. I grew up driving rear wheel drive cars in snow so I know what to expect. While this car has
better handling in snow than my 95 T Bird, which was basically a giant sled, its still a hassle.
Coming out of side streets on messy roads will get your heart rate up as the wheels spin and the traction control cuts power with fast moving traffic coming up behind you.
I love the Charger and am thinking about moving up to an 07 RT with the AWD.
Anybody here have any experience with the 07 AWD Charger on snowy/icy roads?
What do you think? Does it handle much better? Is the traction control as intrusive as it is on the 06 non AWD?
Thanks Gerry
On Sun, 11 Feb 2007 15:08:29 -0600, Dodge Guy

if you want it to handle in snow.

Dodge Guy wrote:

whether 2 wheel or 4 you need tires designed for snow. In tests by R&T in Michigan the stability system on the car is dramaticly good at handling normal snow conditions. The AWD system was conceived as a HANDLING option, but by its very nature also gives improvement in poor weather.