rack and pinion?

I have a 1997 Dodge Intrepid with 108,000 miles. Recently I was in a traffic jam with lots of stop and go traffic. A little smoke began to drift up from
the engine department. I looked and saw some fluid dripping onto the drivers side exhaust manifold, way back...like under the car. After checking a bit I found that it was power steering fluid. I filled it up and it was fine with no loss of fluid until my next traffic jam when it again started to leak. I did put Lucas Stop Leak in the power steering. I live in south FL and it's still hot down here. I drive to work about 25 minutes each way and there doesn't seem to be a problem unless there is stop and go traffic. Someone told me that I need a new rack and pinion.
What's up?
Thanks.
Jeff if someone told you that the rack is bad why not replace the rack? There is no way a newsgroup of any kind can see the leak or where it is coming from.
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech