Radio Wiring

Was swapping out the radio for a CD player on my 96 Dodge Dakota and blew the fuse. Replaced it and it hasn?t blown again, but still don?t have any power to the radio or dome light. Any suggestions on where to look next?

Reply to
96Dakota

there are 2 fuse boxes. one under on the dash and one under the hood. check them both.

Reply to
Abby Normal
Reply to
96Dakota

most car radios I have seen in the last 15 years have 2 fuses... on the 2 seperate power lines, both are needed to work

Reply to
larsso

Ever hear of a continuity tester? An Ohmmeter? Or even a voltmeter?

In case you don't know how to use them....

A continuity tester will show continuity across a good fuse, no continuity across a bad one...

An ohmmeter will show 0 ohms resistance across a good fuse, infinite resistance across a bad one...

A voltmeter will read 0 volts across a good fuse with power applied, will read supply voltage (usually 12 VDC) across a blown fuse, with power applied.

Should take all of 30 seconds to perform any one of these diagnostics.

Raymond Sirois KU2S SysOp: The Lost Chord BBS

607-733-5745 telnet://thelostchord.dns2go.com:6000
Reply to
Raymond Sirois