Radio Wiring

Was swapping out the radio for a CD player on my 96 Dodge Dakota and blew the fuse. Replaced it and it hasnít blown again, but still donít have any power to the radio or dome light. Any suggestions on where to
look next?
‚úĖ
there are 2 fuse boxes. one under on the dash and one under the hood. check them both.

Add pictures here
‚úĖ
"Abby Normal" wrote: > there are 2 fuse boxes. one under on the dash and one under > the hood. > check them both. >
> > > Was swapping out the radio for a CD player on my 96 Dodge > Dakota and > > blew the fuse. Replaced it and it hasn't blown again, but > still don't > > have any power to the radio or dome light. Any suggestions > on where to > > look next? > > > > -- > > Posted using the http://www.autoforumz.com interface, at author's request > > Articles individually checked for conformance to usenet > standards > > Topic URL: http://www.autoforumz.com/Dodge-Radio-Wiring-ftopict111693.html > > Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report > abuse: > > http://www.autoforumz.com/eform.php?pR4446
Thanks. On the driverís side there are some large size fuses and the one associated to the radio appears to be intact metal across with a large bubble. Is there a way to check it?
Add pictures here
‚úĖ

most car radios I have seen in the last 15 years have 2 fuses... on the 2 seperate power lines, both are needed to work
Add pictures here
‚úĖ

Ever hear of a continuity tester? An Ohmmeter? Or even a voltmeter?
In case you don't know how to use them....
A continuity tester will show continuity across a good fuse, no continuity across a bad one...
An ohmmeter will show 0 ohms resistance across a good fuse, infinite resistance across a bad one...
A voltmeter will read 0 volts across a good fuse with power applied, will read supply voltage (usually 12 VDC) across a blown fuse, with power applied.
Should take all of 30 seconds to perform any one of these diagnostics.
Raymond Sirois KU2S SysOp: The Lost Chord BBS 607-733-5745 telnet://thelostchord.dns2go.com:6000
Add pictures here
‚úĖ