Re: 2000 2.4l timing belt

Think it jumped, but have no guarantee. Was a bit over 120k and had parked it temporarily while waiting for the kid who does our handiwork to show up and do a belt change and some brake work. After sitting a bit more than a month, with periodic starts to keep it charged, it wouldn't fire. Checked fuel (even added some), checked spark, pushed in the valve tip for the pressure check and got a spritz of fuel. Did manage to get a couple coughs, but nothing like running - left with the assumption that the belt had slipped. Til this event, the car had been a dream - one of the smoothest engines I've ever had. Only prior problem was apparently soft rotors, as we went through a couple sets already - and our mileage is mostly highway.

kid
work.
Did
I've
through a

Give me a good e mail address and I will send you picture of how it is set up