Re: 92 Dodge Shadow 2.2 4cyl will not start

had an 87 daytona that had the timing belt strip clean out around the botom sprocket.. had to actually take the timing belt off to even see it.

"ArchTaib" wrote: > had an 87 daytona that had the timing belt strip clean out > around the botom > sprocket.. had to actually take the timing belt off to even > see it. > >
> > > died at light. no spark to coil, timing belt not broken. > cranks, > > but not firing or anything > > codes are 1-2......1-1.......5-1.......5-5 can you help > diagnoss > > these codes > > > > > > -- > > Posted using the http://www.autoforumz.com interface, at author's request > > Articles individually checked for conformance to usenet > standards > > Topic URL: > > http://www.autoforumz.com/Dodge-92-Shadow-4cyl-start-ftopict106589.html > > Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report > abuse: > > http://www.autoforumz.com/eform.php?pI6763
It was exactly that, thanx.....I cut the belt w/ a knife pulled it out and it was missing about 6 or7 teeth down where you cant see.
Now i need to know if was possable that some of the valves got bent.
Steve wrote:

=================================== The 2.2L is a non-interference engine. If the timing belt breaks, the engine free-wheels without the valves hitting the pistons.
glad i could help ;) make sure you get the thing lined up again when it's put back on. i made the mistake, somehow, of having it out one cog in timing.. absolutely NO power over 2500 rpm. my mistake. but that daytona has since been retired. :)