Re: Conserve Energy

my, my, my,.....the things we use oil for:

gas, motor oil, grease, tranny fluid, gear lube, additives, plastic bottles, plastic hoses, plastic fence, plastic credit cards, and lets not forget what your driving on right now........BLACKTOP!

Matt Macchiarolo wrote: > > True, but Exxon-Mobil increase profits in the 1st quarter 2006 by 6.3% over > > the same quarter last year, but increased production by 5%. If you plug in > > the numbers they had almost $103 million in profit more than their rate of > > increase in production. Just enough for the executive bonuses. > > And you think that most of that profit was from gasoline sales in the USA?
Reply to
robs440

oh yeah.and diesel fuel to haul your groceries to the supermarket for you to go buy...........

Reply to
robs440

We're going to run out of oil, and sooner than everyone thinks. As the other poster noted, oil is used in the manufacture of absolutely everything. And there's nothing on the horizon that is a viable replacement, nor anything even remotely approaching one. "Humans can't take too much reality."--Jung

Gomer Einstein

hwo is that possible. 30 yearsa go theysaid we were gong to run out 'in 20 years time' - its already lasted longer than some people thing.

Reply to
flobert

yeah..we'll run out right after we squeeze every drop of oil from all the oil shale about 40 miles up the road from me. which should be in about

75-100 years. ofcourse it will be another 10 years before the gov will even give us permission to mine it.

Reply to
robs440

robs440 wrote, "yeah..we'll run out right after we squeeze every drop of oil from all the oil shale about 40 miles up the road from me. which should be in about 75-100 years. ofcourse it will be another 10 years before the gov will even give us permission to mine it." ********************************************* Why doesn't the gov't allow drilling for it now, versus "10 years" from now? Seems like it would be much easier and cheaper to process than the stuff from more remote places (North Sea, etc).

Reply to
James Goforth

you dont drill it, you drill a hole in the wall, blast it, scoop it up into a dump truck and take it to a retort facility to squeeze out the oil from the shale. underground mining..........

Reply to
robs440