Re: Conserve Energy

my, my, my,.....the things we use oil for:
gas, motor oil, grease, tranny fluid, gear lube, additives, plastic bottles, plastic hoses, plastic fence, plastic credit cards,
and lets not forget what your driving on right now........BLACKTOP!

oh yeah.and diesel fuel to haul your groceries to the supermarket for you to go buy...........

We're going to run out of oil, and sooner than everyone thinks. As the other poster noted, oil is used in the manufacture of absolutely everything. And there's nothing on the horizon that is a viable replacement, nor anything even remotely approaching one. "Humans can't take too much reality."--Jung
http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/story/7203633/the_long_emergency /
On Tue, 9 May 2006 22:58:21 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Gomer Einstein) wrote:

hwo is that possible. 30 yearsa go theysaid we were gong to run out 'in 20 years time' - its already lasted longer than some people thing.

yeah..we'll run out right after we squeeze every drop of oil from all the oil shale about 40 miles up the road from me. which should be in about 75-100 years. ofcourse it will be another 10 years before the gov will even give us permission to mine it.

robs440 wrote, "yeah..we'll run out right after we squeeze every drop of oil from all the oil shale about 40 miles up the road from me. which should be in about 75-100 years. ofcourse it will be another 10 years before the gov will even give us permission to mine it." ********************************************* Why doesn't the gov't allow drilling for it now, versus "10 years" from now? Seems like it would be much easier and cheaper to process than the stuff from more remote places (North Sea, etc).
you dont drill it, you drill a hole in the wall, blast it, scoop it up into a dump truck and take it to a retort facility to squeeze out the oil from the shale. underground mining..........