Re: DODGE NEON PROBLEMS

I have a problem with my 1997 Neon. One time I ran out of gas and after I finally was able to get gas put into my car to finally start going my service
engine soon light came on. I took it to the person that I bought the car from and he said that one of my cylinders misfired and he fixed the light but it still sputters when I drive uphill and try to accelerate normally, I have to start really slow and it won't do it as much but it will still do it when going up a hill and when I'm idle at a light or waiting for my car to warm up, so when I'm at a light I put it in nuetral and that calms it down...What could be the problem? and What should I do?
--
Fawn

finally was able to get gas put into my car to finally start going my service engine soon light came on. I took it to the person that I bought the car from and he said that one of my cylinders misfired and he fixed the light but it still sputters when I drive uphill and try to accelerate normally, I have to start really slow and it won't do it as much but it will still do it when going up a hill and when I'm idle at a light or waiting for my car to warm up, so when I'm at a light I put it in nuetral and that calms it down...What could be the problem? and What should I do?

When is the last time this vehicle had a tune up and plug wires replaced? I would bet if you did this your problem would be gone.
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech