Re: Grand Voyager Brakes

wrote:

parts with what quality? If you live in the salt belt and use iron metallic pads, and particularly if the vehicle is not heavily used, you WILL replace pads and rotors regularly - rotors before the pads are worn. Use ceramic or aramid (Kevlar) pads and the rotors will last a lot longer. Carbon Metallics worked good for me on the Aerostar (which couldn't stop worth crap with the factory brakes, and needed rotors about evey 13 months) On the Mystique I'm running EBS Green (Kevlar) pads with excellent results. My 1988 New Yorker (same brakes as the grand caravan) and the 1998 Neon were not hard on brakes with non-metallic pads. I'm in the middle of the "salt belt" of Central Ontario.