Re: Help - 89 Daytona doesnt turn over

Absolutely! If it's in any decent shape at all, it's well worth keeping on the road. I have an '88. I'm selling it only because I've run out of room in my driveway, having recently acquired a 1998 Z34. I have had my Daytona for 9 years now. The words I would use to describe it START with RELIABLE.
Hello, thanks for the help. It turned out to be the starter. When I was in the garage where it was quiet, I could hear the click. Solenoid. I ended up replacing the whole starter with a rebuilt one. It was 159.99 cnd. The new one was 199.00 cdn. It took me forever to get it, I think about 3 1/2 hours to get it out and at least the same to replace it. Thats probably why when I got the old starter out, it did'nt have a heat shield on it. What happened to Dan C ? why is he so bitter ? I remenber him helping me a few times in the past. Well over all it is cheaper to run the older car. I can honestly say that the car is cheaper than a car payment at the end of the month and that payment is quarenteed to be there at the end of the month, regardless if I drive the car or not. I would like a new car just can't afford one. Thanks again, for the help. Daryll Ray wrote:

On Wed, 05 Jul 2006 18:17:05 -0700, DJS wrote:

Bitter? How do you get "bitter" from my posts in this thread? All I did was suggest that the car isn't worth keeping. How is that bitter?
Linux Registered User #327951
Okay... $160 Canadian.. pretty much in line with my ballpark estimate of $100 in REAL money (US dollars)... Good going. You'll enjoy that car a lot. I know I did my '88!