Re: Problem With Power Outlet

I've posted a handful of messages here, and the information I've gotten has been very helpful. Clare and others who have helped me have helped to narrow down the problem, and we're making progress. If you're referring to the scores of messages being posted here by people arguing about who's right and who's wrong, I have no control over that. I have a hard time believing, myself, all the messages posted here. But, again, I have no control over that.

Perhaps we could start a new thread: "Fight over who was right and who was wrong in that other thread." Then we can devote this thread to just resolving the problem, and it probably would be really small, while the other one would be large.

> >> Someone else said it would be a whole lot easier just to change the >> battery. >> I suppose we could just change everything. That would solve the problem. >> :-) > > Jesus, do something, and let this idiotic thread die. Hard to friggin > believe. > > -- > If you're not on the edge, you're taking up too much space. > Linux Registered User #327951 >
Reply to
Neil

I assume you have taken the lap top and tried it on another car? And most adapters also come with a plug that takes place of the male socket that has alligator clips on it to connect directly to the battery, have you tried that to illuminate the possibility that is isn't the lap top/socket and may be the vehicle design?

Reply to
maxpower

As I posted in my original post, the laptop/inverter combination is the same that I was using on my previous car, without any problems. This car was purchased last week, and had this problem from the start.

Mine doesn't have any such alligator clips.

Not sure how much of this thread you've read, but I've tested the inverter and the battery at various stages under load, and there is a 1+ V drop from the battery when the laptop is plugged in and charging.

Neil

Reply to
Neil

I realize that. The other anal dickheads who have to have the last word, none of which actually know shit, are the ones I'm referring to.

Not a bad idea actually. My point was: what are you actually *DOING* to resolve this, besides reading the posts in here? It's been *DAYS* now, with no real progress. Come on, do something.

Reply to
Dan C

You're probably not reading the right part of the thread. Start at Clare's

3/12 3:41 PM (Central Time) post (news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...) and work down. You'll see the subthread in which progress is being made in troubleshooting this.

Neil

Reply to
Neil

One other note. While I feel bad that you and others are annoyed by this thread (and I really do), the point of the newsgroup is for people to be able to discuss issues. Obviously, those who are participating are wanting to do so -- and, whether it's those who are having a fruitful discussion, or those who are debating what was said and who was right -- they all have the right to post here. So, again, while I feel bad that your newsgroup reader is being cluttered with this, I would suggest just ignoring this thread. That's the simplest thing to do. In Outlook Express, you can select Ignore Conversation from the Message menu. I'm sure other readers have similar features. In OE, that causes the thread to be grayed out. You can then collapse the thread and not have to look at it.

Thanks,

Neil

Reply to
Neil