Re: Sorta ot...went to get my 'new' van today...

I think you're actually serious about not knowing that.
On Sun, 08 Nov 2009 22:32:18 -0500, JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

It's 150 miles from the NY line to Boston Harbor. Unless you're heading towards Rhode Island/Cape Cod. Then it's about 185 miles.
Hachiroku ハチロク wrote:

Doesn't the emergency brake work?

And there's always the Fred Flinstone technique.
doesn't sound quite rusty enough to pull a Flintstone.
ron

Vice grips. Find where the line gets solid. Cut it off. Squeese it flat. bend it over. squeese it again. Clamp the vice grips on tight and tie to the frame. Drive the heap home.
On Mon, 09 Nov 2009 15:51:44 -0500, clare wrote:

I had thought of that, too. If it had been ~35-40 miles I would have done it. 132 miles...uh, thanks, no... ;)

eldest daughter. Went down with the van to see if I could fix it. Couldn't, so pinched off the line and drove it home to Waterloo on the 401. Left the van for the daughter, Before I could get the line fixed, that night I get a phone call. The darn van quit (blew the engine) 3/4 of the way to Toronto - so back on th 401 with only front brakes to go rescue her at about 11 pm. - and back home.
Total distance about 135 miles on the busyest highway in Canada.
On Mon, 09 Nov 2009 22:23:14 -0500, clare wrote:

Good thing it wasn't on Lakeshore Blvd sometime around July 17th! :)
Quite familiar with the 401...hit the highest speed I *EVER* went in a car on that road. Had a Honda Prelude and a Volvo Bertone BLAST past me, so I took my 1985 Corolla GTS w/10,000 miles on it for a run. When I hit 128 MPH the Honda and the Bertone were STILL pulling away from me, so I figured I better back it down. 75 (120) sure felt SLOW!
On Mon, 09 Nov 2009 14:55:07 +0000, danny burstein wrote:

The floors are acutally solid...
On Mon, 09 Nov 2009 05:44:21 -0600, Fatter Than Ever Moe wrote:

Um, with gas POURING out of the fuel filter, I didn't want to test that theory! ;)