Re: Windshield Washer Squirts Too Low

My 2006 GC does the same thing.

> >Ed wrote: >> On my 2007 Grand Caravan the windshield washers work but they squirt >> only about 1/3 of the way from the bottom. I had it serviced and they >> "cleaned" the nozzles but it didn't help. Is it normal for Caravans or >> do I need to take it back in for service? thanks.

Although I haven't looked at my 08 Caravan, in the past the spray nozzle was mounted in the rectangular plastic housing that sits on the hood. The actual nozzle was a small metal ball sitting in the plastic housing. The nozzle ball swivels in the plastic housing. Find a large safety pin, open it, and stick the sharp end into the ball end and swivel it up. Do so carefully so the end of the pin does not break off in the nozzle. If there is no swivel ball, perhaps it adjusts by moving the plastic hose under the hood.

Reply to
QX

The dealer again said it was not adjustable and they compared it to another '07 Caravan with the same results. So that's all they can (or will) do. I looked for a nozzle ball and there is none. It is all plastic and nothing appears moveable. Thanks.

Reply to
Ed

Nozzle on the arm? Twist the arm.

Reply to
clare

My 08 Caravan's spray covers the entire wiper sweep area of the windshield very thoroughly.

Something is not right if it only covers the bottom third.

I don't have the ball nozzle, It must have been on either my 84 or 97 Caravans. I did look at the 08 and there is no ball. The fluid just sprays out of the two small plastic housings on the hood.

Maybe there's some sort of residue from manufacturing, or waxing that is blocking the upper portion of the spray housing? If not, I'd keep bugging the dealer. Maybe he can replace the spray housings?

Reply to
QX